Monday, April 07, 2008

A Tale of Two Sh**ties

So the biggest thing going on in my world at the moment is The Good Woman of Setzuan. I clearly didn't do an effective cost/ benefit analysis of this scenario because it's turned out to be an immense pain in the bum. The performances overlap with both the AST formal which I was to attend and the Phi Psi Formal which I'm really regretting. Obviously there are more important things in the world than attending a fancy party. However, it would have been really nice to attend the last PKP formal of my senior year and my first AST formal.

What compounds the issue though is that this last week a few of the brothers who live out of house have taken umbrage with the conflict and brought it up to the chapter. We all knew it was a problem and those of us in the cast of the show were just going to grin and bear it as something unavoidable. Now there has been a big hullabaloo. We will also be forced to miss the after party, The Prohibition Party, which promises to be an event to be remembered.

The second big issue is that the end is near and I'm stealing time to do things like eat, talk to my friends and update my blog I know I'll come out okay in the end but at the moment it's all looking rather daunting.

I've looked through my files today and begun preparing my portfolio to complete my major I've also been compiling a different portfolio of strictly Medieval papers that I can send with my applications to York and Bristol which I should be able to send out by the end of the week.

As for classes I'm not too worried. I need to write a paper rather urgently for Ellen Joyce and I've got a few short assignments hanging over my head but otherwise nothing is looming near. There is that huge Russian paper to be reckoned with. I don't even know when I'll have time to do preliminary research. Hopefully it'll happen tomorrow night or on Thursday (symposium day).

In other news, the world has turned to spring in typical Midwestern fashion. We've had a few pleasantly warm days interspersed with chilly ones which postpone the complacency of summer. In this uncertain season when even nature cannot decide where it stands and how it feels we of the college set come to the tumultuous end of days. Those of us leaving the hallowed halls of our great institution are stuck between relief and fear, the desire to remain in the safety of Beloit and the desire complete what we came here to do. In all propriety why shouldn't we be in a state of flux? The only question is do we have the strength to bend without breaking. I have so far and that is all I know as I move forward strengthened by precedent.

While I must say I really do enjoy the new format here at Blogger I need to work on the formatting tools a little more before I do another photo heavy post. Last one was a mess. For that I apologise.

Today's Gem: Another one I picked up on from late night trolling of VH1. Luckily the internet is just as varied and beautiful a place.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJOzdLwvTHA

No comments:

Post a Comment