Thursday, April 10, 2008

The world is full of things, some of them are glorious, some of them are funny, and some of them are awful. Among them are kitties, puppies, close friends, small bits of string, chocolate and the guy on your local news with the bad hair. You may decide for yourselves which which is which. Today reminded me of a few of these things.

Things I hate:
I really never would have thought that I would have a "things I hate" section in my blog. I'm usually more of a things I love sort of guy. However, Today I would like to step out and say that I hate petty squabbles aired in public (alternately, in an inappropriate setting) especially when they are predicated on semantics. If I could live in a would without semantic disjunctions I would move there no matter how bad the food was. Seriously, Siberia is looking for people but I'm pretty sure there would be squabbles of semantics there too (and they'd be in Russian). Today I lost some valuable work time to such a discussion, man did that suck. That is all I'm going to say on that matter.

Today began early (though an hour less early than it should have, whoops). Because today was an official day off for the college I, of course, had to go in to work in the costume shop. I've been working with Julia on props since yesterday and, as such, today I got to spend the bulk of my time making bags and pouches for the show. I'm really pleased though because finally I've legitimised all the time I've spent looking into designs for such articles. I work at a renaissance faire, what?

So that's where six hours of my day went. It meant I got to hang out with Julia on and off all day which is compensation in it of itself. We went to dinner afterward and that was super good too. I only got to go to two symposiums but they were darn good. Yay for Jill and Laura! Rehearsal was... rehearsal-y. Not much more to say there. The raps are becoming less laughable, so that's something.


Today's Gem- Maya Angelou's poem "On The Pulse of Morning".
The next few Gems will be poetic so get used to it. I love this poem more than I can articulate clearly. Especially the last stanza.
Enjoy!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDtw62Ah2zY

No comments:

Post a Comment